Monday, 25 May 2009

Creamy Spinach-a winner with anyone!

Call it a spinach Mousse-:)

Having had my meaty burgers, I looked back at the flavours that accompanied beef when I was a child!



My childhood memories, for various reasons, relate to Portugal as, that was where I spent all of my school holidays.

In Portugal, steak will most ultimately be accompanied by creamy spinach,or, as they call it, esparragado.

It is also a brilliant way of getting your kids to eat spinach!

Ingredients

2 spinach bunches (you can use frozen too, just cook them first)
6 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, chopped or sliced
1 tbsp breadcrumbs or flour
salt and pepper
cream or milk
pinch of nutmeg


1-Boil the spinach
2-Place garlic and olive oil in a food processor and liquidise for 3 minutes.
3-Add the spinach and liquidise for a few seconds.
4-Add milk, breadcrumbs and nutmeg and liquidise for another few secs.
5-Season to taste and serve.

It may not look very appetising but trust me it tastes amazing!







Pasta With Creamy Spinach on Foodista

15 comments:

  1. This spinach recipe sounds excellent! I have some baby spinach right now and would love to make it tonight! I'll be sure to call it a spinach mousse for my daughter, she'll love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im 99.99 percent sure she will. I hated vegetables as a child but I couldn't get enough of this. Let me know what she thought of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you found my blog, because it led me to your blog, it is lovely!

    This spinach recipe sounds wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love spinach whatever form it comes in but this looks REALLY good. It is also good in curries with paneer cheese and peas. Bill Granger has a great recipe for this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a wonderful recipe. I haven't had creamed spinach in ages. Its something I really love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog and for becoming a follower :) Your creamy spinach looks outstanding...I'm a huge spinach fan! I look forward to browsing through your blog later tonight--I'm off to work now! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore spinach and it is fresh at the market now (yay) and this looks amazing! I am definitely making this. Somehow, childhood recipes just get better and better. With so much focused on the "new," it's always grand to celebrate the "old." or the tried and true!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this dish but didn't have a recipe for it! Looks wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was glad to see your visit at my blog. Am also happy to have you following along.

    This spinach looks so tasty. And, the photo of your son is so sweet.

    Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Carole, he has his moments :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks wonderful! I've never had anything like this, I'll have to give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks like such a great way to prepare spinach. Maybe my kids would be excited to eat this. I love your header!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I could eat creamed spinach every meal!! Very yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh I'd like some pasta to go along!

    ReplyDelete