Thursday, 18 June 2009

Chorizo Bread



Re-made these today and decided to revive the recipe because I think a lot of people missed it and I do believe this is a moorish bread worth trying.



I didnt make a large loaf this time. Instead I made small ciabatta shaped litlle loaves and rolls filled with juicy chorizo.

PORTUGUESE CHOURIZO BREAD

1/4 lb. Chourizo
2 c. flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 c. butter, softened
2 eggs, beaten

Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Lightly spoon flour in measuring cup, level off. In large bowl combine flour, , baking powder, baking soda and salt. Blend well. Using pastry blender or two knives, cut in butter until crumbly. Add eggs. Stir until well blended. Set aside and let it rise for at least one hour and a half.

Take a grapefruit sized amount of dough, knead it further and then roll it out on to the board. Place the chorizo in the middle and fold it in, ensuring that all edges are covered. Repeat as necessary.

Place rolls on a lightly greased tray and in the oven the oven to cook for 30 to 40 minutes!

Serve warm and enjoy!Herbed Dijon Bread on Foodista

17 comments:

  1. How great are these?! They look wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooh YUM! These bread rolls look really good!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God, they look good! Chorizo and bread - what a combo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Man!! Chorizo and bread, what more could you ask for YUMMM :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. These sound delicious and ad first glance remind me of dim sum style pork buns.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm, chorizo! Have you ever had queso fresco or cotija cheese? It would be nice to sprinkle in there too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad you posted it because it is fabulous! We here love chorizo and I would love to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So nice and I am Portuguese, so I can say that this is really well done and looks very traditional. wow :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Ruth,
    First of all, your recipe looks wonderful. I love chorizo and bread...
    Not to mention, your previous post look amazing too. Leeks are one of my fav. to cook.
    Lastly,THank you for the wonderful comments on my site!!! I truly appreciate it.
    I will be back!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks really delicious! What a nice little pocket treat!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, these look great! In Spain there are also similar recipes, the ones from the north are called bollos preñaos, meaning "pregnant buns" :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Ruth!

    We've selected this post as our Foodista Food Blog of the Day winner. It will be featured on the Foodista homepage on Monday, June 29. Congrats!!! We're really enjoying your blog and hope to see more from you!

    Cheers,

    Sheri
    VP Editorial

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow, that is delicious! I want one...no two...maybe a dozen will do!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Mmmm...little pockets of goodness! Bread looks airy and soft. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm pregnant and craving this like nothing else . . . I was ready to hop on a plane to Portugal to get it, but you've saved the day (and my wallet!)

    Trying this TOMORROW!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hello,
    This is an awesome recipes blog post found here..... Keep posting such an amazing blog post. Thanks a lot and keep posting.... Thanks!

    ReplyDelete