Tuesday, 12 January 2010

Italian Sweet Chocolate Salami or Biscuit and Chocolate Roll

So, I'm back at work now and trying to readjust to getting up early and not having as much time to 'play' in the kitchen again.



Well I proud myself in always keeping my word but when the day I had to return to work crept up on me and I realised that I hadn't posted any of my students' recipes, I felt really bad.
I had definitely overindulged in cooking over the holidays!

I decided it was best to try and rescue the situation with Katia's delicious Chocolate Cake Recipe. I mean, you can never go wrong with chocolate, and it might just save my skin, or at least ease my conscience.

So, here's Katia's recipe.
Katia is a lovely lady. Although she can be a bit quiet, she's one of those people that when she does speak, she sounds really wise, and has many little clusters of knowledge she likes to share every now and again, such as this little beauty!!

It is very typical, truly scrumptious and so easy to make!!!
Hope you try it!


                                                              SWEET CHOCOLATE SALAMI
 INGREDIENTS

250 gs of biscuits
100 gs of butter
100 gs of sugar
100gs of unsweetened cocoa
2 eggs

METHOD

Crush the biscuits

Separate the egg whites from the yolks

Beat the egg whites until stiff

Add the egg yolks and sugar to the crushed biscuits and then the whites and fold them into the mixture very gently

Melt the butter and add the cocoa into it, mixing it well.

Once slightly cooled, add it into the biscuits mixture.

Shape the mixture into a salami, wrap it up in cling film and place it in the freezer for 2 to 3 hours. 

Buono Appetito!

Chocolate Cake on Foodista



17 comments:

  1. this is so cool! Love the way this looks and so smooth and professional I got to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. really does look like salami - the chocolate threw me off until I read further ... many thanks to Katia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my this looks amazing, when I first saw the picture I thought it was some sort of blood sausage. I cannot wait to try this out on my family! Thanks Ruth! Thanks Katia!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is best served without mustard.

    ReplyDelete
  5. At first I read chocolate salami and thought "what in the world...?" And then continued to read...ahhh. Cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you everyone. Dont think it even crossed Katias mind as it is known here as 'Salame or Salami Dolce'. Im sure she will love the confusion lol I shall pass your comments on to her.
    And Carol I would agree with you on that one, lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! What a great idea...very creative! And sure you fooled me to start :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I so need to do this. What a fun thing to present to my family or friends. And plus - it is so scrumptious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yum! My mom used to make it when we were little! I would love to make it myself very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Chocolate salami great idea, must delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! That sounds delicious. Thank you, Katia!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very clever! Lovin the different textures in this.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this recipe! I'll need to find some biscuits to make this. What kind would you suggest? I'm sure my kids would love this! (Me to, lol!!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. For a moment I have been shocked. I thought this sausage actually contains of meat mixed with chocolate. Now that I took a closer look I am relieved that that is not the case. LOL

    ReplyDelete